AMY WINEHOUSE'S EX-HUSBAND ADMITS HE INTRODUCED HER TO HEROIN

February 28, 2013, 10:10 am Wendy Geller Yahoo!7 Music

Nearly two years after her tragic passing, Amy Winehouse's ex-husband is taking at least some of the blame for the issues that led to her death. Blake Fielder-Civil admitted this week on a tabloid television show that he regrets introducing the singer to heroin.

Rating:
(5)

Fielder-Civil told talk-show host Jeremy Kyle -- whose program is similar to the Jerry Springer Show in tone -- that he didn't think Winehouse would ever have tried the drug without him.

Fielder-Civil with ex-wife Amy Winehouse. Credit: Getty Images

He pointed to the first time she asked to participate: "We were in a hotel in east London and I think I had about £10 [$15] of heroin with me," he explained. "I was smoking it on foil and she said, 'Can I try some?'"I think I might have put up a weak resistance--the fact is, whatever I said, she did end up having some."Fielder-Civil then detailed how their usage of heroin went up to about once a week, then twice, and progressed from there - and how he felt the initial time he allowed Winehouse to try the drug was a significant point in the singer's downward spiral.

GALLERY: Amy Winehouse - Life in Pictures

He also noted that although -- by his estimation -- the couple only used hard drugs for about four months, the substance abuse definitely took its toll on the relationship."It started to hurt me and it was more heart-breaking to see," he said. "She had a seizure and was taken to hospital...I put her on her side and called an ambulance. It was due to cocaine -- when it happened I burst into tears, I was completely beside myself."Fielder-Civil admitted the fact that Winehouse's death was attributed to alcohol made it a bit easier on him; however, he doesn't let himself off the hook. "I don't want to feel like I'm shirking responsibility," he told Kyle."Of course I regret it, not just because of the damage it's caused Amy and the loss of life, but the damage to her family, [and] also to my family and also to me."Fielder-Civil noted he loved Winehouse, but that their partnership had been "complete misery."Winehouse was found dead in her London home on July 23, 2011. Two inquests into her death -- one dismissed due to the coroner's improper qualifications -- confirmed she died of alcohol poisoning.Related: Amy Winehouse drank herself to death

Show:
Newest First
Oldest First
Top Rated
Most Replies

9 Comments

1. 38 0
    Adam09:20am Friday 01st March 2013 ESTReport Abuse

RIP Amy Winehouse, thank you very much for all the great music and the classic memories.

2. felix05:33pm Thursday 28th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

He should be charged, But she was a scrag anyway, so who cares?

1 Reply
  3. DOLLARS05:00pm Thursday 28th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Why would she date a loser who takes heroin anyway. If you lie with dogs you wake up with fleas...

4. Lyn03:49pm Thursday 28th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

She chose to take it. End of

5. Janice peta01:26pm Thursday 28th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

Responsibility, the bottom line, she took it, she owns it, too many people out there in the community are swayed by heinous bastards who prey on others in so many areas. It comes down to one thing to me in my opinion, you be influenced, you own it, you say, NO YOU OWN IT, YOU WIN

6. Beerwolf12:49pm Thursday 28th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

No one can force anyone to take smack. It was her choice and she paid the price in the end. Nuff said! Weird how he kind of look's like Sid Vicious...Spooky Mulder stuff.....

7. Chris12:38pm Thursday 28th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

mmmmm, accessory to murder maybe? What a scumbag.

8. Glib12:05pm Thursday 28th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

"she said, 'Can I try some?'". 100% HER fault, not his.

9. John11:31am Thursday 28th February 2013 ESTReport Abuse

jews have a long history of denial, 2013 years in fact ! Who would expect him to take resposibility for anything ?

Get Social