CELINE DION ADMITS 'MY HEART WILL GO ON' COULD MAKE HER SICK

June 5, 2012, 11:03 amThe Hype

Rest assured you aren't alone if the overplayed theme song from 'Titanic', 'My Heart Will Go On' makes you want to vomit every time you hear it.

Rating:
(5)

Related Video: Kate Winslet kisses 'Titanic' interviewer

Celine Dion -- ever the consummate professional -- admitted to empathising with Kate Winslet, the lead actress from the 1997 film, when Kate revealed earlier this year that the hit song made her "feel like throwing up"."'My Heart Will Go On' gave me the opportunity to be associated with a classic that will live forever. If I just count how many times I've sung it, maybe it'll get me sick," the Canadian singer, 44, said on the Today show in the US over night. "If [Kate] feels tired just hearing it, and, like, throwing up, I'm glad she was not the one singing it."

Celine Dion in concert last year at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Credit: Ethan Miller/Getty Images

In March, when 'Titanic' was re-released in 3D to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the fateful voyage, Kate admitted to MTV News about her distaste for the song."I wish I could say, 'Oh listen, everybody! It's the Celine Dion song!' But I don't," Kate said. "I just have to sit there, you know, kind of straight-faced with a massive internal eye roll," adding that the hit song makes her "feel like throwing up."While the song may induce nausea in many a person, since being released in May 1997 the single has more than 15 million copies worldwide, making it one of the highest selling singles in history.Watch the music video for 'My Heart Will Go On'

Show:

i luv this son it touchz m

3. Allyssa04:40pm Monday 11th June 2012 ESTReport Abuse

i luv this son it touchz m

4. ajendas10:05pm Tuesday 05th June 2012 ESTReport Abuse

i want 3 hours of my life back from watching that gay movie

5. hey babes!10:01pm Tuesday 05th June 2012 ESTReport Abuse

i love the song, its beautiful.

6. Shannon09:22pm Tuesday 05th June 2012 ESTReport Abuse

i had this song played at my daughters funeral as it reminded me of the fact we weren't together but yet still were so close nd that my heart will go on even tho she was no longer there brings a tear to my eye everytime

7. Estela08:29pm Tuesday 05th June 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Other people have to make their livelihood in other more unlucky ways... these girls should throw up at their own comments... D :

8. mospeada1108:11pm Tuesday 05th June 2012 ESTReport Abuse

When you consider how many times an artist deals with a song even before it's cut, it's probably not surprising. However I must agree, I'm sure she was paid hansomely & it was performed at the pinnacle of her career. Perhaps she should never have tried a come-back?

9. Simon05:53pm Tuesday 05th June 2012 ESTReport Abuse

kate should just close her eyes and think of how much she was paid to do the movie... that should make her feel better

10. Danielle05:02pm Tuesday 05th June 2012 ESTReport Abuse

Call me weird but I like the song. Sure I couldn't listen to it over and over but it reminds me of loved ones lost and is a nice one to hear occasionally. I do find it amusing that the article is about it making people sick yet they included to YouTube video in case you want to hear it lol.

1 Reply